Truck Accident Lawsuits
Let Our Experienced Modesto Truck Injury Lawyer Help You
Modesto is no stranger to semi-trucks and big commercial vehicles. As anyone who lives there knows, the town sits at the intersection of a few major California interstates and highways and is often traversed by truck drivers carrying goods throughout the state. While the trucking industry is a major aspect of life in Modesto, it does not come without a price.
Each year, thousands of individuals from Northern California are severely injured in truck-related accidents. Trucks are especially large and heavy, and they can cause serious injuries in a crash. If you were injured in a truck accident, do not hesitate to contact our Modesto personal injury lawyer at the Law Offices of Dean Petrulakis right away.
Determining Liability For A Truck Accident In Modesto
When you work with our firm, we will work quickly to assess the situation that you are in and determine who liable for your accident. While it may seem relatively straightforward, there are actually multiple parties who could be responsible for your truck accident injuries.
Depending on the specifics of your case, any of the following parties may be liable for your injuries:
- The Driver: One of the most common causes of truck accidents is human error. Drivers may not abide by the laws of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, and can be negligent as a result. Too many hours behind the wheel, intoxicated driving, or reckless driving can all lead to serious accidents.
- The Leasing Company: If the truck is under lease from a leasing company, the company may be held liable. Truck owners are required to provide routine maintenance and safety checks for the vehicles before they go out, so if the accident is caused by a mechanical error, the leasing company might be responsible due to negligence.
- The Manufacturer: In some cases, product failures can cause truck accidents. Trucks require properly functioning brakes, steering, and drive shafts, and if one of those mechanical products fails to operate as necessary, the manufacturer may be to blame.
- The Loader: When a truck is improperly loaded with goods, it may become top-heavy and can cause rollovers or jackknife incidents. Unsecured loads may topple from open beds and land on the highway or collide with other vehicles. When a load is not properly secured or distributed, the loader may be liable for any injuries that occur as a result.
- The City or County: In the event that a poorly maintained or designed road was the cause of a truck accident, the city or county where the accident occurred may be responsible for the resulting injuries.
Whatever the circumstances of your truck accident, our firm can thoroughly investigate the accident details to determine who could be liable for your injuries. Or, if multiple parties are liable, we can help you determine how to disperse liability and pursue justice and compensation.
Helping Those Injured in Modesto Truck Accidents Pursue Compensation
Following an accident, you should never settle for less than what you deserve. Many insurance companies will try to get away with lowball compensation offers, or they may deny coverage to those who need it the most. If you work with our team at the Law Offices of Dean Petrulakis, you can be confident that your case is in good hands. Our founding attorney has years of experience working as an attorney for insurance companies and he can use this unique knowledge of the opposing party to your benefit.
Since 2012, our firm has provided outstanding representation to individuals throughout the Modesto area, and we are determined to give a voice to the wrongfully injured. If you work with our attorney, we will work tirelessly to pursue the significant monetary compensation you deserve.
If you have questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact our Modesto truck accident lawyer.